Sunday, December 26, 2010

Food--Food for the Soul!

December 26 – Soul Food. What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?

Food is always such a great topic for blogging. Food is just plain good. Who doesn't have memories associated with food and memories that are both positive and not so positive. For example: Ruffles potato chips, ranch dip and a Dr. Pepper and Daren knows that "Aunt Flo" will soon be paying a visit to our house! WTMI! A trip to Salt Lake means a loaf of "Grandma Sycamore" bread and some See's candy!

This year I had some wonderful experiences with food. We had the opportunity to eat at a new Sushi restaurant. It was wonderful! I loved the steamed edamame with salt. I love the fried tofu soup or "Agedashi Dofu" . The different kinds of sushi were divine. I enjoyed the company. My friend Carrie taught me about something I hadn't really experienced too much of.

Another experience with food came on several of the trips to Utah. If you know me, you know I love Cafe Rio food. I can duplicate it quite nicely but its also fun to just go to the restaurant when I am in town. Cafe Rio is a place where I order the most yummiest pulled pork salad ever. The cilantro dressing is amazing. Google the recipes if you really are wanting to try this.

The last experience I want to write about with food and how it feeds my "soul" is the lunch dates I had with my friends and with Daren. Several times this year I was able to meet dear girlfriends at restaurants in the area. It was so nourishing for my soul. It really was. This last semester Daren and I got in the habit of meeting each other on Fridays for lunch. It was a treat for us both. Out of all the places I went with my friends and with Daren, I will have to say that the new Thai restaurant is a favorite. It's called the "Suwanee." The restaurant was "food" for both my spirit and my body! Try the mango chicken or delicious curry! So yummy!

No comments: