Saturday, April 12, 2008

Getting to Know You Survey--An Easy Way to Post on a Hectic Day!

Getting to Know You Survey

Here is a little "getting-to-know-you" quiz that my niece’s sister, Allison, had on her blog yesterday. I figured with a busy Saturday and a house full of “other” people's children, I thought I would fill this out so there would be something on my blog for today! ENJOY!

1. What is your occupation? Wife and mother (I also teach five classes at UNK to International students who are trying to pass a test called the TOEFL, so they can get accepted to UNK!)

2. What color are your socks right now? White. I am way into those short top socks that you can’t see when you are wearing them.

3. What are you listening to right now? Our two youngest kids playing with another little girl who spent the night. We just changed the Snider Family rule about “sleepovers,” and Laura has been making up for eight years of no sleepovers. EEK! And most importantly, I am listening to Daren put away all the cereal on the kitchen table. He is so picky about closing the tops of cereals, crackers and other items that need to stay fresh that it just cracks me up when I hear him closing up the box or container.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? A big chunk of homemade brownie that was sitting on the stove. It had been out over night and I did not want it to go to waste! And I needed to wash the dish.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? YES! I thought there were only stick shift cars until I married Daren. He had a car with an automatic and I thought that was so cool. I would just ask the question: "How can a mother of four possible drive a stick shift?" I have way too many things to do with my hands to worry about shifting.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? YELLOW! That's not even hard.

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? A Young Men’s Leader who called our house this morning—SATURDAY—at 6:50 AM looking for Colin and Christopher. LONG STORY!

8. How old are you today? I am a very proud 45 years old. I have never really cared about my age.

9. Favorite drink? A glass of very cold MILK. –Fresh milk!

10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Basketball. I also love to watch synchronized swimming. And just in case there is a question: “Yes blog readers, Synchronized Swimming is a sport!” I also love to watch Cameron and Laura playing “tiny-kicker” soccer! It’s a hoot!

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? ALL THE TIME! I have been totally gray since I was 30. Between Daren and I, I keep those little gray hairs a fabulous medium brown with ash blonde highlights. I don’t trust anyone to color my hair.

12. Pets? We finally gave in last year and bought a miniature schnauzer. "Gretchen" is a salt and pepper color with the cutest personality, most importantly...will be our family’s one and only pet.

13. Favorite food? OH…I love food! I can't pick a favorite. Popcorn and ice cream are probably my two favorites.

14. Last movie you watched? Hairspray. The new one! The girls wanted to watch it last night as part of the sleep-over.

15. Favorite day? I love everyday! I love Fridays because I get to have two days with my family.

16. What do you do to vent anger? Call my friend Dickie or blog about it or read something spiritual and try to forget about it. OK—I usually just “stew” about it because that’s just me. I’m trying to be better at this.

17. What was your favorite toy as a child? ? I loved my “Easy Bake Oven.” In fact, I still have it. I have all the parts and it’s even in its original box. My brother Joe and I use to make so many fun things with it.

18. What is your favorite season? Summer - I love all of the swimming and water sports that we can do in the summer. Having grown up near the beach, I just love being warm. I hope my children will remember all the fun times at the pool!

19. Hugs or kisses? I’ll take both. I usually get hugs because of the ages of the boys in our house right now! That’s OK with me.

20. Cherry or Blueberry? I love cherry and blueberry. Just depends on the dish or item.

21. When was the last time you cried? Last night when I realized that some of my bad behaviors were coming out in Laura. I really need to get a grip on a few things.

22. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes. Lots of shoes.

23. Favorite smells? Clean laundry, summer, the beach, barbecuing, a good fire, babies after a bath, and a home with good smells coming from the kitchen, watermelon and cucumber stuff, candles burning.

24. Who inspires you? My husband, my children, my students at UNK, and people who overcome great obstacles to make something of their lives. --My blog friends too!

25. What are you afraid of? Not being able to raise my children and see my grandchildren.

26. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? I love cheeseburgers. I wish we had a good restaurant in town so I could tell you of a good hamburger place, but for right now I enjoy my own barbecued hamburgers with toppings like sprouts, fresh tomatoes, avocado and a little blue cheese on top. There is just nothing like a good hamburger.

27. Favorite car? Oh…. I would love to have a VW Jetta, but as a mother of four I think that maybe the new Dodge Caravan or Honda Odyssey would do quite nicely.

28. Favorite cat breed? I am not a cat person. Sorry!

29. Number of keys on your key ring? 15

30. How many years at your current job? I’ve been a wife for 18; 16 and ½ years as mother; and 5 years as teacher at UNK.

31. What's been your favorite job? I loved being a swim instructor. I loved being a marketing director. I loved being a student. I love teaching people how to speak, write and read English, but I really love being a MOM! I really do! I am very selfish with my time and how I spend it with the kids. They grow up way too quick! It’s really true!

32. How many states have you lived in? 6. Utah, California—Northern and Southern, Washington, Wisconsin, New York, Nebraska. If you are from California then I think this comment is self-explanatory. :)

33. Do you think you're funny? I hope I am. I am trying to laugh at myself more and more.

1 comment:

Michal said...

fun meme. thanks for sharing!