Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ode to my Husband--or at least about him!

MY HUSBAND....
What is his name? Daren
How long have you been together? 17 ½ years--We've know each other since 1987. Almost 20 years.
How long did you date? Dating—Daren didn’t date.
How old is he? Soon to be 43! I’m still older than he is and he will gladly tell you that.
Who eats more? EEK! It depends. I am sure there are certain things that we both eat way too much of. POPCORN for me; SUNFLOWER SEEDS for him.
Who said I love you first? Daren of course!
Who is taller? Daren. I seem to be shrinking
Who can sing better? I think Daren sings really well, but he always volunteers to play the piano and makes me sing.
Who is smarter? Daren. DUH! He has a PhD. I just have as many units as he does. I only have a BA. I just like to take classes, he actually likes to take classes and move toward a certain goal.
Who does the laundry? I usually do the laundry but Daren is not afraid to do his fair share and more.
Who pays the bills? I do! Daren should.
Who sleeps on the right side? Daren. He likes the window and the cool air.
Who mows the lawn? The “slaves.” I mean the boys. I like to when I can.
Who cooks dinner? We all take turns. It’s fun to see what comes out of the kitchen
Who drives? I do, and Daren does. Church days usually mean two cars and the first car leaves with whoever is ready on time. We're still waiting for Colin to take his Driver's test.
Who is more stubborn? DAREN!
Who kissed whom first? Daren tried to kiss me first. I turned my head just as he leaned in to kiss me. It took so long for him to kiss me for the first time, that it took me by surprise. Boy, it I could turn back the clock.
Who asked whom out first? Refer to question 3. Did we actually “date?”
Who proposed? Daren did and it was over the phone! Can you believe it?
Who is more sensitive? I think I am, but Daren is not afraid to show his true feelings. Love that about him.
Who has more siblings? He does by one. Lots of boys and only me and Myrna for girls.
Who wears the pants? I don’t really like pants. I own one pair of jeans. So, I leave the pant wearing to Daren as much as possible.

I tag Marilyn, Valerie, Heather and Julie! Amy—I think you might do this!

1 comment:

Amazed said...

I forgot to comment about his one...and I want to do it for Valentine's Day. Great meme!!!!