Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My baby is "5"!

Cameron is five! FIVE! My baby!!! :) How did that happen? OK--I know how it happened, but where did the time go? Those "older" ladies in my LDS ward in Salt Lake were so right. Time does seem to go by so fast when you are raising children. Happy Birthday Cameron! You are a very bright spot in the Snider Family. Always keeping us on our toes and making us laugh until it hurts.

FUNNY Cameron STORY: Cameron and I were shopping for new Sunday clothes a few weeks ago. Cameron is very tall for his age and also very thin so it is sometimes a "chore" to find a pair of Sunday pants that Cameron won't outgrown in a week or two. So we are at JC Penney's in the Mall. (little side note here: we live in a town of 30,000 people. The mall has JC Penney's and Herbergers/Younker's and about 20 other stores. We have K-Mart, Target and Wal-Mart. If you can't find it at one of those stores you are out of luck.) Anyway, I found a cute pair of light tan corduroy pants at Penney's. They were on the clearance rack and had a cute little sweater and shirt to match. I thought "Hey, this is going to be so great." That's when Cameron takes one look at the new Sunday clothes and tells me that he "hates" them. In fact, he says: "I just want to be fired from that church!" I quickly called our bishop, who Cameron adores and told him that Cameron wanted to be fired from the church. I thought he would just die laughing.


Today was the first day of UNK! I teach an 8:00 AM class on Tuesday and Thursdays! Did I mention that it starts at 8:00 AM. That means I have to be out of bed by 6:00 AM! 6:00 AM! I haven't done that in a very long time. I leave the house by 7:40 AM, find a parking space and run into the building to teach three classes back to back. I teach a 200 level reading class at 8:00 AM. I have eight students from five different countries. AMAZING! I then teach a 100 level writing class. I have eight or nine young men. They are very beginning writers. It is going to take every ounce of energy I have to get them writing even a simple sentence in English. And then I move to a building all the way across campus to teach my favorite class--Speech--Public Speaking 500. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Long day! Then I come home and change into my "Mom outfit" and start the Tuesday chores. FUN!

1 comment:

Amazed said...

Happy B-day Cameron! Please don't get fired! Funny!