Meme from Marilyn
1. What time did you get up this morning? Which time? Laura was throwing up every two hours. Paper route at 6:00 AM. Colin needed to be at the high school by 7:15 AM, and then…I went back to sleep until 8:45 AM, when the phone rang.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls for this week. I can’t seem to keep from loosing my diamonds. I’m doing much better on the pearl front.
3. What was the last movie you saw? Mr. Beans “Holiday.” I’m going right now to see the The Bucket List by myself. I’ll have to comment later.
4. Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been? When I was little I thought the waterfalls in Yosemite were the most beautiful thing ever. Especially with me sliding down them. Right now I would probably say the ocean at La Jolla Shores. —San Diego, CA I have always loved the ocean. Not much of an ocean to see in the flatlands of Nebraska.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? I like to have oatmeal or cream of wheat. I love “Lucky Charms.” –all time favorite cereal.
6. What is your middle name? Ann. I go by my middle name because I’m named after my mom and she goes by her first name. Thus, N. Ann.
7. What food do you dislike? Liver would be #1. I don’t like frozen mixed vegetables very much either.
8. What is your favorite CD? Carpenters Christmas Album. Always has been.
9. What kind of car do you drive? 1997 Dodge Caravan1
0. Favorite sandwich? Jimmy John’s #13—Beachcomber. Turkey, avocado, bean sprouts and more on whole wheat bread. Each slice of bread is about an inch thick. I love a good roast beef sandwich made from Sunday leftovers. Open face with some hot gravy running all over it. It has to be made on really soft white bread. Wish I had Grandma Sycamore’s here, but I always grab a loaf or two before I head back to NE. .
11. What characteristics do you despise? When people thick they know every thing. I also don’t like people who are in your face about their religion.
12. Favorite item of clothing? My black sweats. Nice sweats with the zipper in the bottoms.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go? Italy.
14. What color is your bathroom? Our bathroom is green.
1 5. Favorite brand of clothing? No favorites. Would love a white Talbot’s no iron long sleeve shirt right about now.
16. Where would you retire? Anywhere where it is warm. I want to live near my children and my bestest friends. All on one block.
1 7. What was your most memorable birthday? Giant surprise parties given by Daren and many friends when I turned 40. I was kidnapped out of bed at 5:00 AM in my underwear and taken to breakfast. I had my bedroom re-decorated complete with a hole in the back of my bedroom door where the helium tank fell over while they were filling balloons. And then another surprise later that night given by my friends. I still find a 40-confetti thing in a shoe or the back of a dresser. I loved every minute of it.
18. Favorite sport to watch? Basketball. Synchronized Swimming and Gymnastics would be a close second.
19. Furthest place you are sending this? Don’t know! Far…. really far.
20. Who do you expect to send this back to you? M, J, A, V, R, and H.
21. Person you expect to send it back first? M.
22. Favorite saying? Probably most anything said by Elder Neal A. Maxwell. I love quotes as well. There would be many.
23. When is your birthday? July 16!
24. Are you a morning person or a night person? Absolutely a night person. I love it when I get up early but I am really a night person.
25. What is your shoe size? 10.
26. Pets? A salt and pepper miniature schnauzer named “Gretchen.” She is 11 months old. We love her.
27. What did you want to be when you were little? An archeologist or an artist. Something famous in writing.
28. What are you today? I am a person, a woman, a wife, a mother, a teacher, a leader, and a giver. Probably more but that should cover it for now.
29. What is your favorite candy? See’s chocolate. Milk Chocolate. German chocolate.
30. What is your favorite flower? Roses. Gerber daisies. I have to say I love flowers. I want an English garden. I want to grow all kinds of beautiful things. Nothing grows here. Some creature usually eats it. I get so mad!
31. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? May 22. I leave for Europe. Italy. I place I have never been.
32. What are you listening to right now? The TV. The kids are watching “Myth Busters.”
33. What was the last thing you ate? I just got done eating spaghetti and Texas toast with a yummy salad and poppy seed dressing.
34. Do you wish on stars? Yes! Why not?
35. Do you believe in Angels? Yes!
36. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Yellow. I love YELLOW!
37. Pet peeves? People who think they know everything and who push their opinions in my face. I don’t like people who “spiritually bully” others as well.
38. Favorite Television show? None right now. I use to love Gilmore Girls. Home shows are good.
39. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My husband. He was next door using the neighbors stove. Our’s is STILL broken and they are wintering in a warm state.
40. Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one sent this to me. I just copied it and posted it on my blog. So, yes I do! Of course!
41. Favorite soft drink? Dr. Pepper. Prefer caffeine-free.
42. Favorite restaurant? Here or in the big city? Here in Kearney, Hunan’s Chinese. In the big city, I guess it would be Paradise Café.
43. Hair Color? Two boxes. I mix it up every six weeks or so. Ash blonde and Medium Brown. I will keep doing it until my baby graduates from High School. 13 more years.
44. Siblings? 3 brothers
46. What was your favorite toy as a child? Loved Easy Bake Ovens. I still have my “Easy Bake Oven” out in the garage. I loved my playing board games with my younger brother.
47. Summer or Winter? I am a huge SUMMER person. Winter in Nebraska is way to cold, windy and too long.
48. Hugs or kisses? Hugs! —See my post about teaching Chinese students to give hugs.
49. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
50. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? YES! I need to see who my true friends are.
51. When was the last time you cried? About an hour ago. I’ve been crying for a few days. I had something very tragic happen to one of my students. I will have to post about it later. I can’t break some rules of confidentially right now. I have been sad for two days.
52. What is under your bed? On my side, NOTHING! On Daren’s there is plenty. I don’t like things under the bed. He on the other hand likes to store all kinds of things on his. OK.. I lied…my temple bag is under there.
53. Who is the friend you've had longest? I have a friend, Liz, whom I have known since I has 13. I have a great friend Valerie, I have known since I was 18. I have a great friend whom I have know for 13 years and many other’s who have crossed my path at different times and for different reasons. I love having many friends around me.
54. What did you do last night for dinner? It is a very long story. I finally ate two frozen egg rolls around 9:00 PM
55. Favorite smell? Cinnamon, apple, cucumber melon or the perfume “Happy” from Clinque. Fresh bread baking or hot chocolate chop cookies.
56. What are you most afraid of? DYING. Not being able to raise my children and see my grandchildren grow up.
57. How many keys on your key ring? 10.
58. How many years at your current job? 5 years teaching International students; 17 and ½ at being a wife and 16 at being a mom.
59. Favorite day of the week? I love Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.
60. How many towns have you lived in? San Diego, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Provo, UT; Saratoga Springs, NY; Madison, WI; Kearney, NE; Seattle, WA; San Rafael, CA; Modesto, CA; LA, and a few cities in England, and Germany.
61. Do you make friends easily? I am really quite shy. I love to make friends. I think I am a great friend.
62. How many folks will you send this to: I won't send it to people. I will hope some of my friends and family will read my blog.
I’m off to go see “The Bucket List.” I’ll report more on my life tomorrow.