Monday, December 20, 2010

What am I Avoiding?

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

This could be a very long answer. First, I should have lost 100 pounds. Life would be so much better by now. Think of the energy level I would have. Think of the amazing things I could be doing with my children and others. I will work on this 2011. I don't have a choice.

Second, I should have cleaned the downstairs up and de-junked. I would love to have a beautiful place to have friends and family relax. The job will get done in the next few weeks. Colin is home and ready to help me. I know we can get this done once and for all.

Third, I should have gotten my financial self in better shape. I am almost 50. OK--so I am 48...but I wanted to own my own house by now and have some money in the bank. I have let "things" stand in the way of who I really know I can be. I am also generous to a fault. I love to share with others and do nice things for others. Maybe a bit too much sometimes. In 2011 Daren and I will have Colin serving an LDS mission for two years in Mexico. The mission cost about $400.00 a month. We pay that upfront each month. I think that is going to have to make us a little more disciplined. We will have to be.

Fourth. I really should have forgiven more people and learned to be more soft spoken. I want a close family and I want to move forward. Life is too short to hold grudges and such. I am one who wears their feelings on their sleeves. I really need to change this.

OK, that is enough for one day. These prompts are just so brutal sometimes!

No comments: