Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reverb #10 and Sharing 2010 in Hinsight!

http://www.reverb10.com/
Check out this website. My friend Cathie recommended this on facebook today and I want to finish out the year with it. We are on Day 10 today, but I will try and quickly catch up!

December 11 – 11 Things
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
1. This is always the easiest for me. EXTRA WEIGHT! If anyone knows that I am over-weight, I certainly am aware of this. I know this is brutal and I like to be honest. It's true! I have let myself go this year. After having half of my classes cut at UNK, I took the survival approach to the rest of the year. I have worked three jobs to make sure that we were where we needed to be. I don't mind. It's just that when you turn to just surviving, many things have to take a back seat. Mine was my daily exercise routine. It has to be better in 2011. It just has to! Being 100 pounds lighter in 2011 will be a new experience for me. I just have to do it! I have to stop getting in the way of me.--thanks Laurel for that insight!
2. A Negative Image--in one area--a very LARGE area--I have created a negative image of who I really am. I can't keep this up. I have to let the past go and move forward. I am hiring a PR firm to invent the "Ann Snider" I know I am! --Just kidding on the PR firm--OK, maybe not.
3. My life doesn't need clutter in 2011. I am changing some things up in the Snider home. Decluttering is on the top of the list.
4. A messy desk. My desk in my office has been out of control this year. I have always taken so much pride on my organization there. 2011 will be the year of change.
5. A temper. I have noticed that this year was extremely difficult for me in this area. I have worked hard to overcome my temper. With this I mean my annoyance with people who can't and don't work and live as hard as I do. I am planning on taking a step back this year and working on this area. I want to be able to accept people for who they are and especially for where they are in their own journey in this life.
6. I don't need so many kitchen gadgets. I am getting rid of the excess in the kitchen. I need to have a clean, sleek, and functional area. "Goodwill watch out!"
7. A loud voice. I have always admired the women around me who maintain a calm, cheerful voice on all levels. I want to cultivate this in 2011. My children will be so surprised.
8. Lack of routine. Many of the people around me think I accomplish a lot in my life. I don't know that I accomplish a lot. I think I am just busy. Busy isn't always good. Busy just means that. BUSY! At the end of the day or week, I find myself looking back and noticing that I really didn't do that much. I want to have a routine in 2011. I want to know that at 6:14 am I exercise. At 8:49 AM I read my scriptures and reflect. I want a bedtime and a wake-up time. I want to know that on the 2nd Tuesday I eat lunch with my girlfriends....I think you get the picture!
9. Dr. Pepper! I know I have said this a million times! I know soda in all forms is bad for you. I need to just let it go all together. Really. Just not even break down one time! NOT even one! My children told me I need to pay them $5.00 every time I order a soda. I think that might work. We will see.
10. I want to cut down on my Facebook time in 2011. I love facebook. I love keeping in touch with my 1900 plus friends. I really do! It's time consuming and a time waster. I know that. I am really moving on 2011 to make facebook a "treat" rather than an hourly check.
11. I want to leave behind excuses in 2011. I want to read, run, write, create, dream, laugh, travel, plant, declutter, organize and share in 2011. Daily schedules and weekly "self-checks" are going to be the norm and not be pushed out for other things.

There! I feel so much better. I know that this journey for the next few days will be life changing. As I go to print my "blog book" for 2010, it may be tiny but it will end with a loud and victorious BOOM!

1 comment:

Claire said...

It is good to hear from you again on blogger!