Sunday, December 12, 2010

~Cohesive ME! Body and Mind~

December 12 – Body Integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

This is a very difficult question to answer because I feel like I have really not worked my body and mind well alone or together this year.

One of the times that I feel the most like my body and mind are working in perfect harmony is when I teach. I love the feeling when a class has gone extremely well. I don't know that it happens every time. In fact, I know it does not. What I do know is that there are times when I stand to teach, whether it be in the classroom at UNK, CCC or church or in the community and I feel that out of body experience where I watch myself teach. I am usually very amazed at the experience. I feel the thrill and the adrenal rush like no other. I love it! I am so grateful for those tender mercies and for those experiences. (I compare it to the feeling I had after the birth of Laura. I had no drugs during her delivery and it was an amazing feeling right after she was born. I hope one day to have that feeling again. I have heard runners get that same feeling at the end of a very long race.--bucket list here I come!)

Sometimes in my crazy life as a mother of four, wife, friend, lover, confidante, peacemaker, and whatever other titles the day brings, I don't have all the time in the world to give to the "perfect" lesson. In fact, I would say that I have to really be on top of my teaching or I get in real trouble. Everyday I pray to Heavenly Father for his help in my ability to teach the students what they need. I know that he is there. He answers my prayers. He steps in and lifts me and gives the knowledge I know I don't have and lets me do the best job possible. He puts thoughts in my mind as I teach. These thoughts are things I do not know. I am awe struck by his goodness to me! He helps me to succeed and to be good/excellent at what I do.

In having these experiences it also strengthens me in many other areas of my life. I know that I am not alone. I know that I have a Heavenly Father how knows "Ann Snider." He knows that I am doing all that I can and that I need his help. He is there when I ask. I love the picture of him standing at the door. All I have to do is ask for his help and he is there. I love that! I am grateful to feel peace in the many things that I do. I have a hard time saying "no." God knows that and he helps me to go a little farther and do a little more then I just can't.

At the end of the day, at least on most days, I fall into bed and ask myself how I can ever do this again in just a few short hours. But somehow the alarm goes off, and I push "snooze" three or four times and I get out of bed and do it again.

So, in answering the question of the day: I do feel times when my body and mind are working in sinc with each other. Not all the time, but I do have those wonderful experiences. I can't help but hope that sometime maybe they will become and more frequent and not just on occasion.

No comments: