Wednesday, March 18, 2009

OK--I'm a day late and a dollar short...My blog friend, Marilyn has a little contest going over at her blog. She asked her readers to write limericks for St. Patrick's Day! Well, a few of my friends, my husband and myself decided to get a little clever. Clever or way too much time on our hands. That's what happens when you give us a little spring break!

ENJOY!


There was a young mother in Kearney

Who grew tired of her kids watching Barney.

So she shooed them outside

And ignored how they cried

Saying "Save it. I've heard enough Blarney!"

Ann Snider, March 17, 2009

There once was a girl named Ann Snider

Who had poetry welling inside her.

But to her family’s relief she also cooked beef

Then went on a date with her husband beside her.

David McBride, March 2009



There once was a man named McBride

Who thought he could rhyme if he tried

Hoping not to get panned

He wrote verses to Ann


They were touching so much that she cried.

Daren Snider, March 2009

2 comments:

Annie Hall said...

Love the limerics!

Amazed said...

Funny! you should ALL get a prize!