Monday, August 18, 2008

Another MEME!

What color do you wear the most? I wear black the most. I had to really do some explaining a few months ago to my cute daughter who asked me why I owned so many pieces of black clothing. I have since really tried to add some other colors to my closet. OK—so now I have moved to brown and to navy. That is so funny! I just love black. It always looks good. Day-Night! It’s always the right color. I do wear pastels but only as highlight colors. I war them mainly around my face where they look really good.


What are you reading, and how did you choose it? Do you think you’d ever read a book that someone else picked for you? Right now I am reading “The Shack.” It’s an interesting book that has me really thinking about what gospel principles I know and what is doctrine and what is not. Many of my friends who are not LDS suggested I read it. I have “Breaking Dawn” on my nightstand. I really want to start it but I know when I do that I will just be reading for days. I have so many things I want to accomplish this week. So, I will see how and what I do this week and maybe start it next week. I have the new Deseret Book brochures and there are some new books just calling my name. I will keep you posted. So many good books; so little time. My sweet husband always reminds me that if a book doesn’t catch you attention in about 50 pages it probably is a book that can just be skipped. I try to keep that in mind. I LOVE TO READ. I don’t need to waste my time on books that just aren’t doing anything for me.

Is there anything irrational that you continually do? I have to really think about this. I just don’t seem to do the same thing two days in a row so I would say that much of what I do is irrational. Having the hall bathroom clean is always something that I demand. I also only like one side of the kitchen sink filled with dirty dishes. I always need to have one side empty. So strange!
I like Sonic ice in all my drinks. I am grateful right now that Daren has a bad back that needs to have continually ice on it because that means that all the ice coming out of the door is of top, fresh quality. ICE is a very important thing for me. And I just thought of one more. I really have to have my milk cold. When I eat tacos I need a great big glass of ice-cold milk. I won’t even think of drinking room temperature milk at all. STRANGE!

Have you ever read a self-help book and if so was it useful to you? I have read lots of self-help books. Well, I’m trying to think. I can’t just think of one. I think there are bits and pieces of all the millions of self-help books that I have read that I really like and use in my life. I’m reading, “Getting It Done” right now. It’s from David Allen and he talks about how to get more done everyday and be organized. It makes sense and I am trying some of it.


If you could have one thing made out of pure gold, what would you choose? I would have a gold toilet. Then I could really sit on my throne when I go “pee-pee!” I don’t know that I really want anything made out of solid gold. I would love to have my original wedding ring back. It is lost somewhere in San Diego. Probably in the riverbed of Tijuana. EEK! So sad.

What one word do you overuse the most? I really just “awesome” a lot. I also use “a lot” a lot. I love words that have a positive meaning and I love to say them over and over again in my sentences. I know I use to just “like” a lot but I think since my exit from the valley—Southern California, I have gotten much better.

1 comment:

Michal said...

i think i use the word "no" to often!along with the phrases, "i'm going to count to ten," and "how many times do i have to say . . . ":)