Friday, August 8, 2008

Ann Isn't Really AOL!

Seems to me as I look back over the last five weeks that I have been very busy. I have been mostly teaching and really haven't had time to come up and breath for a very long time. Today we all slept in until 9:30 AM! That was so NICE! What a waste of a day, but nice!




Yesterday was a small graduation and certificate ceremony for the students I taught this summer. These students, mainly Japanese, have been here since the middle of May trying to get their language skills in English good enough so they can pass the TOEFL. The TOEFL is a test that basically tests your ability to read, listen and know grammar in English. The students are trying to score a 500 or above so that they can transfer to regular UNK classes. About a third of the students passed the test this summer and the rest will probably pass by December. When you think about it, it is pretty amazing to think that these students come to the USA speaking very little English and by the end of four or five years have English skills that have allowed them to graduate from an American University in English! I think that is incredible. I don't think I would do as well as they do if I were to go to Germany and try to successfully complete college classes in German. EEK! The thought. :)~
Haijme and "Mrs. Snider" Summer 2008



So, after the graduation ceremony, many of students run around taking pictures of all of the ELI teachers. Before you know it our faces are all over Asia and places beyond. Well, after about the 500th picture I become a little weary of picture taking and I start to get really silly. IMAGINE!? ME! As you can see by the pictures below, I just couldn't take it anymore. What is so embarrassing is that within 45 minutes of the ceremony these and other "wonderful" pictures of me were plastered are all over facebook and who knows where. There is even a recruiting video of me teaching that is being shown to however many billion people there are in China. Who knows, as you watch the opening ceremonies you might even see me on a billboard somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised! EEK!

1 comment:

Amazed said...

Some people would do anything to get to hug a way cute boy!!!