Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

When I think of Easter I think of course about Jesus Christ! I have been taught about Jesus since I was a child. All week I have been teaching, talking and doing a lot to really emphasize the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and his Atonement. We walked around this week asking the question: "Who will be resurrected?" Of course we wanted to make sure that our children understood that ALL people will be resurrected. What a great gift!

So today when I found out at 8:00 AM that the two Valiant 11-12 teachers would not be in Primary today (Primary is like Sunday School) I started preparing the Easter Lesson for today. The lesson was entitled: "The Resurrection: Another Testament of Jesus Christ." What a great message to prepare and get my mind thinking on Jesus and Easter.

Primary was really quite good. I was expecting 50 children high on sugar. It didn't seem to be that way at all! I took the 11 and 12 year old children in a room--a very hot room, might I add--and started the lesson. We had a great discussion for over an hour. At the very end of the lesson as I was wrapping up my points and bearing my testimony about Jesus Christ and his gift of the Resurrection to us, this thought really hit me:

By Jesus Christ giving his life for us, he gave everyone the gift of the Resurrection. He was carrying out his Heavenly Father's plan. Heavenly Father wanted us to be able to live with him again. Think about Heavenly Father love for each one of us. No matter what imperfections we have, Jesus Christ died on the cross of me--and YOU! He was resurrected on the third day, and has given that gift to us. It is so good to be reminded from time to time of the great love that our Heavenly Father has for each of his children. I look on people with my judgements and comments. I am a very harsh critic, especially with myself and my family. It's so good to remember how each one of us really is a "CHILD OF GOD!"

The picture below is one of Jesus healing the sick. He does and can heal each on of us. I like the comments of a friend when she talked about the "rocks" that are in our path--one's that we have placed there--that keep us from being the best we can. I am working everyday to remove a rock or two and sometimes only a pebble from my path so that I might be able to return to my Heavenly Father.

I hope you enjoy this picture as much as I do!

HAPPY EASTER!



No comments: