Sunday, September 30, 2007

Breaking the Sabbath--According to the Snider Children

So...it's been a very long Sabbath Day! Ever had one of those?! I mean, raining, cold and children "high" on life. No relatives to visit, no Sunday afternoon drive, and no "creative" juices flowing from the parents of four very active children. EEK! What to do!? After a nice dinner of "Shepherd's Pie" and a new found dessert recipe of "Creme Cookie Cake,"--which by the way is to die for--Daren and I sent the children and the dog on a 15 minute "mandatory" walk. You should have heard them. It was almost more than two parents should have to endure. But I want you all to know that we did endure. Daren and I remained strong! But before the walk started Christopher--age 12--tried one last ditch effort the get our "goat." He came upstairs after we thought he was downstairs getting his shoes on with the following sign taped to his light saber: "Walketh to Breakth the Sabbath." Meaning, he felt that to walk the dog was to break the Sabbath. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I almost gave in. ALMOST...

So Daren and I had 15 minutes of "peace and quiet" while the kids walked the dog around the block. I know, many of you are now getting ready to call child protective service, but I really want you to know that the kids had shoes on and we did let them go fully clothed. SO Cruel!

One of the many highlights of being a parent in the home of the Snider's.

1 comment:

Amazed said...

I won't tell you that I came home from church, cooked an easy dinner, layed around, cuddled with my husband before the fire...took goodies to 2 families...David forgot about me in the car at one so I sat there for 1/2 hr....but I was in silence...went to the next house (our best friends) and they insisted we sit down to their steak Sunday dinner...we ate again and came home....just relaxing...
don't you hate me? But POST THE RECIPE FOR THE DESSERT!!! That was cruel!