Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday morning, July 10, 2010


Quick!

Sorry. Another busy, crazy day! So, ten random thoughts and a quick meme!
1. I have to teach four classes today.
2. The kids have practiced the piano, read, done their chores and are ready to play this afternoon.
3. it’s cool for July. 80s. Feels more like June.
4. Going to go see “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” tonight. It’s outdoors at Yanney Park. 5. I'm craving exercise and a new beginning. And some “See’s” Candy might be nice!
6. I am making Chicken Taco Soup for dinner tonight. I promise.
7. Daren is working at his office today. Research! Research! Research!
8. Not a fan of Stephanie Meyers' latest book. Too dark.
9. I love the Book of Mormon!
10. I really need to stop checking Face book every two minutes. But it’s so fun! I love all my friends and family!

1. Where is your cell phone? Right beside me on the end table. Don’t want to miss a call.
2. Your significant other? Daren
3. Your hair? Curly with mouse today! I needed a change.
4. Your mother? Living in Lancaster, CA and house-sitting for my brother and sister in law.
5. Your father? He died five years ago this month. I so wish he were here to talk to. I miss him.
6. Your favorite thing? Family
7. Your dream last night? I can’t remember but it was something about an upcoming telecasting thing we are starting here for the youth. It was so real that I thought when I woke up that it was really real. Does that make sense?
8. Your favorite drink? Water with lemon. I miss my DP...but holding strong.
9. Your dream/goal? To be out of debt and skinny.
10. The room you're in? My family room.
11. Your ex? Dr. Pepper
12. Your fear? Having one of my children die before I teach them everything they need to know.
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? With a new job and a new home and having had two sons serve LDS missions. I hope to have finished a Masters degree by then as well. Oh yeah! And be skinny!
14. Where were you last night? I was running around crazy for others and the family. We had guests stop by and then Daren had a meeting and I finally got to sit down at 10:00 PM and read the last few pages in the Book of Mormon I needed to. I am reading 15 pages each page for 40 days or so. Colin and I want to finish the BOM before he heads off to BYU.
15. What you're not? Going to bed yet?
16. Muffins? I could use some fresh blueberry muffins. A cinnamon roll would be perfect as well! I don’t think either of those will help me get to my “skinner” goal.
17. One of your wish list items? A new phone with a GPS. Birthday is next Friday. Do you think?
18. Where you grew up? I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah but I lived most of life in San Diego, California. And I am proud of it! Love my San Diego!
WHO KNOWS WHERE 19 and 20 went....keep reading......
21. Your TV? In the other room and off most of the time.
22. Your pets? Gretchen, a miniature schnauzer.
23. Your computer? In the other room and then the laptop I am typing on now.
24. Your life? Full. I just can’t help thinking how much I love my family. I pray every day that I can be worthy of them for all eternity.
25. Your mood? Excited for the week-end. I teach 10 more days this summer. Where has the summer gone? I haven’t even been in my bathing suit once.
26. Missing someone? I miss all my family I saw last week. They are the best. I also miss my BFF Dickie! She and I barely got to see each other last week.
27. Your car? In the garage. I really wish we could afford a new van right now. That’s OK...this van will keep me humble.
28. Something you're not wearing? SHOES. I kick off my shoes first thing every day when I come home for lunch.
29. Favorite Store? I love the new Deseret Book in downtown Salt Lake City. It was an amazing adventure. I would have to say Costco. The closest one is in Omaha, so I think we are safe.
30. Your summer? Played first, worked second. No international travel. Got to see all of Daren’s family except the Ohio Snider’s. Realized how much I miss my family!
31. Like someone? In love with Daren and love my children. Like my students this summer.
32. Your favorite color? Yellow! I would highlight is and make it yellow but you wouldn’t be able to see it!
33. When is the last time you laughed? In my class this morning as I tried to get some international students to use gestures and body language more in their speeches.
34. Last time you cried? This morning as I shared a “tender” moment with my boss about a student in one of my classes.

“Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic.”

No comments: